2/22/08

Idiot Mumblings

I can’t wipe the smile off my face.

Did that just happen? Danny Ferry convinced another team to take Larry Hughes?! Ponder that for a moment. I’m almost afraid to write about this until the league formally reviews and approves the deal.

Cavs get:

Bulls get

Sonics get

Is this a good deal for the Cavs? I think so, but the best way to evaluate a trade like this is to wait a year and see what the hell happens. So I’m holding off on any grades, but I commend Danny Ferry for making a move.

And now the question: What am I going to do with this site?
I’m not sure right now, and I feel like I need a few days to figure it out.

Here’s the plan:
1) Brainstorm my options
This site could go in a number of directions such as: keeping it going for Bulls fans, turning it into a Cavs site, selling the site, or turning it into a general NBA site. I’m also considering shutting it down completely. Or perhaps someone would like me to write for their site.

2) Let the fans decide
Once I come up with my top 5 options, I’m going to launch a survey on the site and I’m going to let everyone vote. I’ll count the votes and go from there.

So please comment or send me an email (heylarryhughes@gmail.com) if you have any good ideas, and I’ll consolidate the feedback and build the survey. Thanks to everyone for all of your participation, comments, and Cleveland sports loyalty. It’s been a lot of fun.

In the meantime, I’m gonna get off the couch and try to do some good for the community.

Tags: 2007-2008 Season

No comments: